Temporary Health Insurance
Protection That Matters In The Short Run.
Short term insurance may be for you if you're:
- Unable to apply for Affordable Care Act (ACA), also called Obamacare, coverage because you missed Open Enrollment and you don't qualify for Special Enrollment
- Waiting for your ACA coverage to start
- Looking for coverage to bridge you to Medicare
- Turning 26 and coming off your parent's insurance
- Between jobs or waiting for benefits to begin at your new job
- Healthy and under 65
For these situations and many others, Short term health insurance, also called temporary health insurance or term health insurance, might be right for you. It can fill that gap in coverage until you can choose a longer term solution.
The benefits of short term health insurance
Short term health insurance offers you just the kind of flexible, fast coverage you need for those dynamic times of change in your life. With short term medical plans you can :
- Get covered fast, as soon as the day after application
- Pick your deductible amount from several options
- Pick your length of coverage, 1 to nearly 12 months in some states
- Drop coverage with no penalty if a more permanent health insurance option comes along
- You may be able to apply for another short term health insurance plan when the first one finishes, if needed
- Access an extensive network of health care professionals, with 1.3 million physicians and other health care professionals and approximately 6,000 hospitals and other facilities
- Get generally lower premiums than with The CFI Agency.