Your Biggest Asset Is You
Disability insurance provides risk coverage for the lost income due to failure to work in case of any permanent or temporary disability. This kind of insurance helps in providing a part of your lost income along with the medical expenses, if you happened to meet with an accident that led to disability. It covers sick leave, and offers disability benefits for short and long-term periods.
A disability can happen due to various reasons. Let us understand the coverage offered by this insurance:
- A weekly benefit is offered as compensation for the lost income for short-term disabilities, up to a particular period as specified in the policy
- In case of an accident, leading to disability, the insured will receive 125% of the sum insured
- Some insurance offer a waiver of premium in their base coverage
Looking at the advantages of getting disability insurance, it makes sense to have one. Some of the benefits of this insurance are:
- Accident and disability of the earning member of the family can have a tremendous impact on the financials of an individual as well as the family. Having disability insurance will keep you and your family secure in case of any mishap
- If an accident leads to disability, chances are high for you to be unable to work for some time. Thus, disability insurance can help pay for the essential expenses Choosing the right disability coverage is important. In the event you become disabled, you'll want to ensure that you and your family have enough coverage. A representative at The CFI Agency. will look at the individual factors in your life and work situation, and help design the best policy that meets your personal insurance needs.